Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.
Universal Media Server 10.10.0 changelog:
- Added fully played overlay to TV series thumbnails in Media Library if all episodes are played
- Fixes some renderers not reflecting content updates like fully played thumbnail changes
- Fixed broken API matching for episodes from files with years in the series name
- Fixed files locking during or just after download Ignore incomplete files
Translation updates via Crowdin:
- Romanian (100%) (thanks, FlorinT!)
- Russian (90%) (thanks, Sergei Kotlar!)