Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email and news feeds. It is a local (rather than a web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use. Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the folks at Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership over your email. There are lots of add-ons available for Thunderbird that enable you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
What's new in Thunderbird 78.5.1:
OpenPGP: Added option to disable email subject encryption
OpenPGP public key import now supports multi-file selection and bulk accepting imported keys
MailExtensions: getComposeDetails will wait for "compose-editor-ready" event
- New mail icon was not removed from the system tray at shutdown
- "Place replies in the folder of the message being replied to" did not work when using "Reply to List"
- Thunderbird did not honor the "Run search on server" option when searching messages
- Highlight color for folders with unread messages wasn't visible in dark theme
- OpenPGP: Key were missing from Key Manager
- OpenPGP: Option to import keys from clipboard always disabled
- The "Link" button on the large attachments info bar failed to open up Filelink section in Options if the user had not yet configured Filelink
- Address book: Printing members of a mailing list resulted in incorrect output
- Unable to connect to LDAP servers configured with a self-signed SSL certificate
- Autoconfig via LDAP did not work as expected
- Calendar: Pressing Ctrl-Enter in the new event dialog would create duplicate events
- Various security fixes
Download: Thunderbird 78.5.1 for Windows (EN/US) | 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Thunderbird 78.5.1 for Linux (EN/US) | 55.5 MB
Download: Thunderbird 78.5.1 for Mac OS (EN/US) | 66.3 MB
Download: Thunderbird 78.5.1 in other languages
View: Thunderbird Website | Release Notes | Screenshot