Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email and news feeds. It is a local (rather than a web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use. Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the folks at Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership over your email. There are lots of add-ons available for Thunderbird that enable you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
Thunderbird 78.12.0 fixes:
- Sending an email containing HTML links with spaces in the URL sometimes resulted in broken links
- Folder Pane display theme fixes for macOS
- Chat account settings did not always save as expected
- RSS feed subscriptions sometimes lost
- Calendar: A parsing error for alarm triggers of type "DURATION" caused sync problems for some users
- Various security fixes
Download: Thunderbird 78.12.0 for Windows (EN/US) | 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Thunderbird 78.12.0 for Linux (EN/US) | 65.2 MB
Download: Thunderbird 78.12.0 for Mac OS (EN/US) | 66.5 MB
Download: Thunderbird 78.12.0 in other languages
View: Thunderbird Website | Release Notes | Screenshot