Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 184.108.40.206 changelog:
- Fix a regression of saving problem. (Fix #10751)
- Fix a regression of reloading false alarm from the network drive. (Fix #10688, #10753, #10757)
- Make Function list/Project panel/Folder as Workspace icon display correct under high DPI. (Implementation)
- Make UDL generic dark mode (working for all dark theme) possible via UDL UI. (Implement #10738)
- Fix phantom docked panels issue after restoring from systray. (Fix #10512)
- Enable backup on save (simple) feature by default (only for the new installation). (Implement #10725)