Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 8.1.3 changelog:
- Dark mode enhancement: 95.427% dialogs are dark-modable.
- Improve GUI display under high DPI.
- Add Markdown UDL of dark mode in release packages. (Fix #10196)
- Fix crash issue when several instances of the save dialogs are shown. (Fix #10290)
- Fix save dialog not working on Windows Vista. (Fix #10238)
- Add the capacity to switch among Find/Replace/FiF/Mark via their shortcuts. (Implement #10019)
- Make Document List Panel togglable via View menu and shortcutable in shortcut mapper. (Implement #3526, #9015)
- Fix Function list current empty lost issue while Sort/Unsort/Save/Reload. (Fix #8819, #10280, #10294)
- Fix Functions list scrolling to the top on file save issue. (Fix #9659)
- Fix wrong path in tooltip of tab in RTL mode. (Fix #8520)
- Fix the file drag and drop bug in RTL mode. (Fix #8730)
- Add filter capacity in Shortcut mapper by shortcut key combination (Implement #5616, #9316)
- Add copy file names capacity from Windows dialog. (Implement #10123)
- Fix shortcut conflict detection error in Shortcut mapper while filtering. (Fix #5374)
- Increase macro, user command and plugin command number capacity. (Fix #10263)