Media Player Classic – BE is a free and open source audio and video player for Windows. Media Player Classic – BE is based on the original "Media Player Classic" project (Gabest) and "Media Player Classic Home Cinema" project (Casimir666), contains additional features and bug fixes. The BE mod (Black Edition Mod) is a skinned version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, much better looking than the plain old MPC.
MPC-BE 1.5.8 changelog:
- Added decoding of HTML codes like "&#NNNN;" in the title of the track.
- Added decoding of HTML codes like "&#NNNN;" in the title of the track for Shoutcast and Icecast radio.
- Improved work with DFF, DSF, DTD-HD and WAV.
- Fixed opening of some WAV files.
- Fixed playing of very short files.
- Fixed display of external subtitles during playback after pressing "Stop".
- Updated support for opening videos and playlists.
- Fixed getting metadata.
- Added option "Move window by the video area".
- Added the "Remove missing files" command to the playlist menu.
- Fixed sorting in the "Explorer" playlist.
- Added and icons for display in the "tiles" of the Start menu.
- Fixed switching display mode in some cases.
- Fixed navigation when alternating step-by-step movement and movement for a specific time.
- Redesigned the "Frame synchronization" settings panel.
- Expanded the ability to play DVD-Video with region restrictions on drives with the same restriction.
- Updated German translation (by Klaus1189).
- Updated Hungarian translation (by mickey).
- Updated Turkish translation (by cmhrky).
- Updated Chinese (Simplified) translation (by wushantao).
- Updated Ukrainian translation (by arestarh1986).
- Updated Chinese (Traditional) and Dutch translation (by beter).
- dav1d git-0.9.0-24-gddbbfde;
- Detours git-v4.0.1-92-gfe7216c;
- ffmpeg git-n4.5-dev-1109-g604924a069;
- Little-CMS git-2.12-17-g79e8395;
- MediaInfo git-v21.03-14-gee8c3c17;
- rapidjson git-v1.1.0-630-gb557259f;
- ZenLib git-v0.4.39-g13b9d3db;