LosslessCut is a simple, cross platform video editor for lossless trimming / cutting of videos. Great for rough processing of large video files taken from a video camera, GoPro, drone, etc. Lets you quickly extract the good parts from your videos and discard GB of data without losing quality. It doesn't do any decoding / encoding and is therefore extremely fast. Also allows for taking JPEG snapshots of the video at the selected time. Also supports lossless cutting in the most common audio formats.
Since LosslessCut is based on Chromium and uses the HTML5 video player, not all ffmpeg supported formats will be supported. The following formats/codecs should generally work: MP4, MOV, WebM, MKV, OGG, WAV, MP3, AAC, H264, Theora, VP8, VP9 For more information about supported formats / codecs, see https://www.chromium.org/audio-video.
LosslessCut 3.39.0 changelog:
- Implement batch file list #89
- implement subtitle viewing #250
- Improve tracks screen #482: select/deselect all by type (audio/video/subtitle), deselect / select all tracks option
- Support for exporting attachment tracks as files
- Per-track disposition, allows for adding cover art to videos #673
- Allow remember preview choice (convert to supported format) #829
- improve merge/concat dialog, and don't auto sort by file name #832
- allow colon in filename on linux #830, add "-" to allowed sanitized chars
- UI improvements
- preformance enhancement on loading files
- minor improvements and fixes
- language update