LAVFSplitter is a multi-format media splitter that uses libavformat (the demuxing library from ffmpeg) to demux all sorts of media files.
LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises. Supported Formats: MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS/PS (including basic EVO support), FLV, OGG, and many more that are supported by ffmpeg!
LAV Filters are based on ffmpeg and libbluray and is aimed to offer a all-around solution to perfect playback of file-based Media as well as Blu-rays.
LAV Filters 0.75.1 changelog:
- Changed: AV1 files with no extradata will now generate a format header with stream information for decoders to use
- Fixed: Improved stream selection when multiple "default" video tracks are present
- Changed: Updated dav1d for significant improvements in AV1 10-bit decoding performance
- Changed: AV1 hardware decoding will more reliably engage when provided with additional stream information from the demuxer
- Fixed: Opus decoding had audible artifacts in some files in 0.75