Krita Desktop is a free an open source painting application. Krita is the full-featured free digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to end. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters and in the digital VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently. It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike.
Krita has a user-friendly interface. The dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to help your artwork stay organized. There are also three different views on how to see the layers.
Krita supports full color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to incorporate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
Open PSD files that even Photoshop cannot open. Load and save to PSD when you need to take your artwork across different programs.
Krita is the only dedicated painting application that lets you open, save, edit and author HDR and scene-referred images. Furthermore, with OCIO and OpenEXR support, you can manipulate the view to examine HDR images, and use it in the most cutting edge workflows from the film and visual effects industries.
Krita 4.4.3 bug fixes:
- Crash when back button was pressed on splash screen
- Crash when loading files while app is still booting
- Use lastUpdateTime for copying assets
- Provide host so pathPattern could be effective
- Fix color selector covering entire screen (BUG:432459)
- Saved configs aren’t loaded after restart (BUG:432433)
- Add key functions to psd_layer_effects_shadow_base (BUG:432904)
- Fix reloading presets from user-imported bundles (BUG:432488)
- Fix crash in halftone filter due to an access to an invalid pointer
- Fix crash when reapplying a filter with reprompting
- Fix crash when painting on a filter mask created from a vector selection (BUG:432329)
- MacOS: fix the finder plugins for showing a thumbnail or a quick look preview (BUG:432328)
- Fix handling the channel flags. Patch by Chris Venter, thanks! (BUG:432226)
Stability and Performance
- Fix synchronization of zoom level between canvas and the scratchpad
- Fix normalization in Smart Patch Tool (BUG:430953)
- Fix performance issues in the foreground/background color button (BUG:432936)
- Fix saving incremental backups (BUG:432701)
- Fix a problem where the scratchpad could be unresponsive (BUG:431708)
- Fix Color as Alpha and Preserve Alpha in Custom and Clipboard brushes (BUG:432274)
- Fix the RGBA_brushes bundle so Krita doesn’t try to recreate it on startup (BUG:431832)
- Fix handling of style in KisAngleSelector when the spin box must be shown flat and use the new angle selector everywhere
Download: Krita 4.4.3 (32-bit) | Portable | ~150.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Krita 4.4.3 (64-bit) | Portable
Download: Krita Windows App Store (commercial software)
View: Krita Home Page | Krita Screenshot | Release Notes