GnuCash is a personal and small business finance application, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It’s designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. GnuCash allows you to track your income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts, monitor stock portfolios and manage your small business finances. It is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
GnuCash can keep track of your personal finances in as much detail as you prefer. If you are just starting out, use GnuCash to keep track of your checkbook. You may then decide to track cash as well as credit card purchases to better determine where your money is being spent. When you start investing, you can use GnuCash to help monitor your portfolio. Buying a vehicle or a home? GnuCash will help you plan the investment and track loan payments. If your financial records span the globe, GnuCash provides all the multiple-currency support you need.
Between 4.2 and 4.3, the following bugfixes were accomplished:
- Bug 106746 – In Mort. Repay. druid, creating New acct should also select it.
- Bug 128772 – Account Help Button does not work
- Bug 309943 – When unable to obtain a lock, no option to open another database.
- Bug 330930 – Financial Calculator resets payment period to zero if automatic decimal places used
- Bug 343647 – [rfe] save tab/report location
- Bug 345924 – RFE: don't disable "OK" button after using "Apply" to modify chart options
- Bug 355496 – Mark placeholder accounts in account tree window visibly.
- Bug 355498 – When there is only one result from a 'Find', select it.
- Bug 571697 – Transaction Status in Since Last Run needs to look clickable.
- Bug 644242 – Window Panning Oddity.
- Bug 645379 – When duplicating a transaction, any non-numeric value entered in the "Number" field is discarded.
- Bug 667490 – Support image-based TAN methods QR, photoTAN, and chipTAN optical "Flicker code"
- Partial: Implements the display of flashing optical TAN challenges (aka flicker) in the "Enter TAN" dialog box.
- Bug 688917 – Help button not working when editing style sheets.
- Bug 720564 – Search in General Ledger cannot be cleared.
- Bug 794807 – Calendar widget current month shown as (null).
- Bug 797901 – List of Recently Used Files not updated until GnuCash is closed and reopened.
- Bug 797944 – Crash on use of File-Open
- Bug 797953 – RFE: provide access to filter-by on right-mouse-click in Accounts register.
- Bug 797956 – dialog-report-style-sheet.c stylesheet editor does not set transient_for correctly.
- Bug 797959 – "Exception" when value greater than one million with commas and periods is pasted to register.
- Bug 797967 – minor ui niggles – some dialogs don't respond to GDK_KEY_Escape
- Bug 797971 – odd cursor behaviour in register Description.
- Bug 797972 – Crash on export report CSV
- Bug 797982 – exchange rates' decimal places (bis)
- Bug 797983 – v4.2 report numbers change over gnucash restarts; Price Database dropping user:price-editor entries.
- Bug 797984 – Infinite loop while Check&Repair AR and AP accounts
- Bug 797989 – Sorting columns by alphabet with non-ASCII characters
- Bug 797993 – Reverse balance option does not apply to an Account Report
- Bug 797994 – Account type-ahead search doesn't match accented characters.
- Bug 798005 – Import of QIF file sets expenses to zero, deposits are fine
- Bug 798008 – Option '–log' cannot be specified more than once.
- Bug 798015 – cash flow numerical-overflow
- Bug 798031 – Date goes to prior year with mm/dd entry to transaction duplicate.
- Bug 798036 – Transaction Report should offer price source
- Bug 798038 – Incorrect spelling in german account templates 'common' and 'full'
- Bug 798039 – Using 'Consolidate Transactions' option on Consolidate Transaction Report returns Error
- Bug 798041 – Open invoices in new window.
- Bug 798047 – Crash on delete account.
- Bug 798050 – error using Reports->Experimental->Income Statement (Multicolumn)
For a complete list of new features and other changes see the Release Notes
Between 4.3 and 4.4, the following bugfixes were accomplished:
- Bug 798038 – Incorrect spelling in german account templates 'common' and 'full' part 2: AT
- Bug 798063 – Crash when opening SX Editor