foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND… and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
foobar2000 1.6.8 Beta 1 changelog:
- Fixed visual glitches when scrolling lists horizontally with mouse wheel through Logitech software.
- Improved output format negotiation with exclusive output.
- Fixed failure to install components from store-mode (uncompressed) zip archives.
- Improved handling of malformed FLAC files, prevented crash from too many cuesheet entries.
- Correct reporting of AC3 channel count in MP4 files even without AC3 component installed (before it would incorrectly report stereo).
- Allowed UTF-8 cuesheets without UTF-8 header.
- Fixed htmlspecialchars misuse in component update list / component page link.
- Mapped MP4 @mvn field to "movement name".
- Prevented the same folder from being added more than once to the Media Library.
- Properties dialog: deferred logging of user-entered field names for the dropdown list until the tags are saved, effectively preventing typos from being remembered.
- Fixed a bug causing alt+f4 (and possibly other keyboard events) to be disregarded if mouse pointer is above specific interactive portion of a window (list controls, buttons in editboxes).
- Improved handling of files with malformed APE tags – some files were entirely unplayable.
- More thorough 'remove tags' for Vorbis, Opus and Musepack.
- Fixed text truncation in ReplayGain Scanner preferences page.