foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND… and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
foobar2000 1.6.5 changelog:
- Rewritten internal 7-zip support – now opens large files without running out of memory.
- Updated ReplayGain scanner: improved speed, added classic ReplayGain scanning mode as an option.
- Converter now warns about conversion of float32 to integer format, as it is not lossless if the source file isn't peak-normalized.
- "Remove Tags" now retains Apple gapless (iTunSMPB) information on MP3 files.
- Rationale: tag manipulation should not cause the file to decode differently.
- Opt-out of this behavior in Advancd Preferences.
- Fixed some M4A chapter titles not reading correctly.
- Added support for itunescatalogid for M4A files.
- Fixes for instability from extreme 7-zip reader memory usage.
- Fixed a glitch in ReplayGain scanner preferences.