Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
Beginning in 89, you’ll notice a number of changes, including:
- Simplified browser chrome and toolbar: Less frequently used items removed to focus on the most important navigation items.
Clear, streamlined menus: Re-organized and prioritized menu content according to usage. Updated labels and removed iconography.
Updated prompts: Infobars, panels, and modals have a cleaner design and clearer language.
Inspired tab design: Floating tabs neatly contain information and surface cues when you need them, like visual indicators for audio controls. The rounded design of the active tab supports focus and signals the ability to easily move the tab as needed.
Fewer interruptions: Reduced number of alerts and messages, so you can browse with fewer distractions.
Cohesive, calmer visuals: Lighter iconography, a refined color palette, and more consistent styling throughout.
What's new in Firefox 91.0:
- Building on Total Cookie Protection, we've added a more comprehensive logic for clearing cookies that prevents hidden data leaks and makes it easy for users to understand which websites are storing local information. Learn more
- Firefox now supports logging into Microsoft, work, and school accounts using Windows single sign-on. Learn more
- The simplify page when printing feature is back! When printing, under More settings > Format select the Simplified option when available to get a clutter-free page. Learn more
- HTTPS-First Policy: Firefox Private Browsing windows now attempt to make all connections to websites secure, and fall back to insecure connections only when websites do not support it. Learn more
- We've added a new locale: Scots (sco)
- The address bar now provides Switch to Tab results also in Private Browsing windows.
- Firefox now automatically enables High Contrast Mode when "Increase Contrast" is checked on MacOS
- Firefox now does catch-up paints for almost all user interactions, enabling a 10-20% improvement in response time to most user interactions.
- Various security fixes
- Various bug fixes and new policies have been implemented in the latest version of Firefox. See more details in the Firefox for Enterprise 91 Release Notes.
- The Visual Viewport API is now supported on desktop platforms
Download: Firefox 91.0 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 91.0 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
Download: Firefox 91.0 for MacOS | 127.0 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes