Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
Beginning in 89, you’ll notice a number of changes, including:
- Simplified browser chrome and toolbar: Less frequently used items removed to focus on the most important navigation items.
Clear, streamlined menus: Re-organized and prioritized menu content according to usage. Updated labels and removed iconography.
Updated prompts: Infobars, panels, and modals have a cleaner design and clearer language.
Inspired tab design: Floating tabs neatly contain information and surface cues when you need them, like visual indicators for audio controls. The rounded design of the active tab supports focus and signals the ability to easily move the tab as needed.
Fewer interruptions: Reduced number of alerts and messages, so you can browse with fewer distractions.
Cohesive, calmer visuals: Lighter iconography, a refined color palette, and more consistent styling throughout.
Firefox 90.0.1 changelog:
- Fixed a crash when using some accessibility clients on Windows (bug 1720696)
- Fixed busy looping processing some HTTP3 responses (bug 1720079)
- Fixed transient errors authenticating with some smart cards (bug 1715325)
- Fixed a rare crash on shutdown (bug 1707057)
- Fixed a race on startup that caused about:support to end up empty after upgrade (bug 1717894)
Firefox 90.0.2 fixes:
- Fixed truncated output when printing (bug 1720621)
- Fixed menu styling on some Gtk themes (bug 1720441, bug 1720874)
- Updates to support DoH Canada rollout
Download: Firefox 90.0.2 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 90.0.2 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
Download: Firefox 90.0.2 for MacOS | 126.0 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes