DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
Important information regarding database management
DaVinci Resolve 17.3.1 requires a database upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7 and previous versions. We strongly recommend that you back up your existing database (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) and then restore that database for the upgrade before upgrading to this release.
There is no database change from 17.x.
DaVinci Resolve 17.3.1 changelog:
- Ability to combine multi source audio files to export interleaved audio.
- Addressed incorrect sizing controls behavior for Advanced Panels.
- Addressed an issue with signing into YouTube and Vimeo in Windows.
- Addressed an issue with updating LTC for some clips.
- Addressed an issue where titles with disabled stroke could not be edited.
- Addressed incorrect middle click behavior in gallery using Wacom tablets.
- Addressed an issue where creating memories could cause a crash.
- Addressed an issue with some Dolby Atmos rendering configurations.
- Addressed render glitches for ProRes 4444 in Apple Silicon systems.
- Addressed an issue with audio output when switching audio devices.
- Addressed an issue with picking colors in the viewer with input scaling.
- Addressed a crash for certain renders in Apple Silicon systems.
- Addressed corruption when using generators on Apple Silicon.
- Addressed an issue with creation of Fusion Copy Metadata.
- General performance and stability improvements.