DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
Important information regarding database management
DaVinci Resolve 17.1.1 requires a database upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7 and previous versions. We strongly recommend that you back up your existing database (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) and then restore that database for the upgrade before upgrading to this release.
There is no database change from 17.0.
DaVinci Resolve 17.2 changelog:
- Dramatically improved application startup performance.
- Live save is now on by default.
- Support for custom naming for individual timeline clips.
- Support for adding transitions by double clicking or dragging to viewer.
- Support for decoding AV1 clips on Windows.
- Accelerated AV1 decodes on supported Intel, NVIDIA and AMD platforms.
- Support for decoding MKV clips.
- Support for exporting IMSC-1 compatible TTML captions in IMF clips.
- Support for option to include project name subfolder in media management.
- Support for pasting HDR and color warper attributes in the Color page.
- Support for Fusion template bundles.
- Support for applying and managing crossfades in the Fairlight timeline.
- Support for a batch fade and crossfade editor in the Fairlight page.
- Support for persisting Fairlight edit mode between application restarts.
- Support for moving audio clips to match timeline timecode position.
- Support for setting handles when performing audio only renders.
- Support for controlling track processing order in the Fairlight mixer.
- Support for accessing Fairlight patch and link in the edit and deliver page.
- Ability to show or hide specific audio I/O ports for patching in Fairlight.
- Support for Fairlight console firmware 1.6 with full FlexBus mixing support.
- Improved waveform displays in the Fairlight timeline.
- Improved auto scroll behavior when dragging clips in the Fairlight timeline.
- Support for ACES color science 1.2.
- Support for selecting per-clip ACES DCTLs from context menu.
- Support for new IDTs for the Canon EOS-R5 cameras.
- Option to use white point adaptation in project settings for RCM workflows.
- Option to use white point adaptation in Resolve FX color space transform.
- Support for codec passthrough when rendering IMF JPEG2000 clips.
- Support for trimming Sony Raw and XAVC MXF in media management.
- Support for reading gyroscopic metadata on Sony Venice clips.
- Ability to update RMD metadata files for R3D clips.
- Improved spatial and temporal deinterlace quality.
- Improved curves range display for position and zoom on the edit timeline.
- Improved color management for Blackmagic RAW Gen 5 color science.
- Improved decode performance for 8K H.265 clips on Apple Silicon systems.
- Improved scripting API with the ability to import custom frame sequences.
- Improved scripting API with the ability to delete timelines.
- Improved scripting API with the ability to query current page.
- Improved scripting API with the ability to add generators and titles.
- Improved scripting API with the ability to specify render alpha options.
- Improved scripting API with the ability to switch layout presets.
- Improved scripting API with the ability to quit the application.
- Improved iXML data support with AAF export workflows.
- General performance and stability improvements.
- Minimum system requirements for macOS
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- 8 GB of system memory. 16 GB when using Fusion
- Blackmagic Design Desktop Video version 12.0 or later
- Integrated GPU or discrete GPU with at least 2GB of VRAM.
- GPU which supports Metal or OpenCL 1.2. (source)