DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
Important information regarding database management
DaVinci Resolve 17.2 requires a database upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7 and previous versions. We strongly recommend that you back up your existing database (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) and then restore that database for the upgrade before upgrading to this release.
There is no database change from 17.0.
DaVinci Resolve 17.2.1 changelog:
- Improved playback performance on network storage devices.
- Improved startup performance when using video monitoring devices.
- Improved startup performance when scanning Fusion templates.
- Addressed a lag when changing HDR properties using a control panel.
- Addressed an issue with clipped waveform for normalized 32 bit audio.
- Addressed an issue with incorrect loudness normalization behavior.
- Addressed an issue with recording audio in 192 KHz in FlexBus projects.
- Addressed audio stutters when playing MKV clips in Windows.
- Addressed incorrect linked audio names in AAFs for round trip workflows.
- Addressed momentary audio dropouts when playing back large timelines.
- Addressed an issue with relinking media when importing a DRT timeline.
- Addressed an issue with persisting MIDI I/O preferences between restarts.
- Addressed an issue with reversing direction for iris and shape transitions.
- Addressed a loss of remote grades for compound clips on project reload.
- Addressed incorrect Fusion loader behavior with some image sequences.
- Addressed incorrect preview results with Fusion viewer LUTs.
- Addressed an issue with loading LUT files in drfx bundles.
- Addressed an issue with updating new content for templates.
- Addressed an issue persisting UI layouts between application restarts.
- Addressed an issue with exporting subtitle sidecar files to a new folder.
- Addressed an issue with render jobs ignoring in-out ranges in collaboration.
- Addressed an issue trimming Arri Raw MXF clips in media management.
- General performance and stability improvements. (source)