DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
Important information regarding database management
DaVinci Resolve 17.1.1 requires a database upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7 and previous versions. We strongly recommend that you back up your existing database (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) and then restore that database for the upgrade before upgrading to this release.
There is no database change from 17.0.
DaVinci Resolve 17.1.1 changelog:
- Support for Blackmagic RAW 2.1 Beta 4
- 10-bit H.264 hardware decode support on Apple Silicon.
- Addressed an issue with restoring older database backups.
- Addressed issues with audio glitches in some playback scenarios.
- Addressed multiple issues with interlaced timelines.
- Addressed incorrect format metadata when rendering DNxHR clips.
- Addressed incorrect brightness for ambient light in 3D Camera setups.
- Addressed render in place issues for some fusion composition clips.
- Addressed issues with Resolve FX Blanking Fill in multi layer timelines.
- Improved scripting API for setting multiple metadata values at a time.
- Faster Sony 8K alpha playback on 2019 Mac Pro
- General performance and stability improvements.