Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 5.7.2 new features:
- E-book viewer: Add a "Read aloud" function that works via the operating system's Text-to-speech engine.
- Click the "Read aloud" button in the viewer controls to start reading the book text aloud from the current page.
- A new busy spinner for waiting animations
- Edit metadata: Add buttons to easily set yes/no fields also shortcut to clear the field. Closes tickets: 1907140
- PDF Output: Fix a regression in the previous release that broke text rendering for some fonts due to a bug in Qt WebEngine (full fix is in 5.7.2). Closes tickets: 1905967
- PDF Output: Fix conversion failing when adding header/footer and the input document defines margins/padding on the
- Windows: Fix the case of library names in copied calibre:// links sometimes incorrect. Closes tickets: 1907159
- AZW3 Input: Fix a regression in calibre 5 that broke processing of files with inline flow replacements. Closes tickets: 1906459
- Fix hiding and showing book details panel changes its size by a pixel or two. Closes tickets: 1906149
- Get books: Fix amazon.fr not working because of website changes. Closes tickets: 1907067
- Bulk metadata search/replace: Fix text transform function not being applied to the test result in character mode
- Book list: Improve rendering of column headers when they dont fit, by eliding them instead of just cutting off rendering. Closes tickets: 1906464
- Fix template function "first_non_empty" fails if no argument evaluates non-empty. Closes tickets: 1906063
- Fix regression in 5.7.0 causing failure to start if one of the previously used libraries had a stored path ending in a slash. Closes tickets: 1907773
Improved news sources:
Download: Calibre 5.7.2 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 5.7.2 for MacOS | 143.0 MB
Download: Calibre 5.7.2 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot