Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 5.27 new features:
- When adding markdown (.md) or textile (.textile) files that contain references to images, automatically add them as txtz with the images
- DOCX Output: Correctly convert soft hyphens in the input document to DOCX soft hyphens
- DOCX Input: Fix a bookmark at the end of a paragraph causing the bookmark at the start of the paragraph to be skipped. Closes tickets: 1942805
- Edit book: Spell check: Fix EPUB 3 nav document not being spell checked when not in the spine. Closes tickets: 1942773
- PDF Output: Fix a rare failure when the input document has a ToC item pointing to the last page. Closes tickets: 1942012
- Windows: Fix a regression in calibre 5 that caused drag and drop from WinZip to not work. Closes tickets: 1942129
- TXT Output: Fix a regression in calibre 5 that caused the max line length option to not work. Closes tickets: 1941992
- When auto converting added TXT files with image references to TXTZ use a full markdown parser to detect markdown images
New news sources
- The Week by Kovid Goyal
Improved news sources
- BBC News
- Foreign Affairs
Download: Calibre 5.27 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 5.27 for MacOS | 145.0 MB
Download: Calibre 5.27 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot