AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using AdwCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
The types of programs that AdwCleaner targets are typically bundled with free programs that you download from the web. In many cases when you download and install a program, the install will state that these programs will be installed along with the program you downloaded. Unless you perform a Custom install, these unwanted programs will automatically be installed on your computer leaving you with extra browser toolbars, adware, and other unwanted programs. AdwCleaner is designed to search for and remove these types of programs.
AdwCleaner 8.3.0 new features:
- Rewritten updater. It now keeps track of the previous channel and uses it for the updated version.
- When running in non-release mode (e.g alpha or beta) the channel is displayed on the title bar.
- Make the database update channel distinct from the product update channel (for instance it makes it possible to use AdwCleaner alpha with a beta database).
- Improve handling of json operations.
- Update Malwarebytes branding to "Cyberprotection for everyone".
- Consolidate most external urls to "adwcleaner.malwarebytes.com".
- Update definitions to 2021.06.29.1
- Update translations.
- Make the updater more robust as sometimes the updater didn't launch the new AdwCleaner version.
- Make the GUI arguments parsing more robust.
- Fix some cut-off buttons rendering in Brazilian Portuguese